(Giveaway info at bottom)
Young Adult author Jodi Meadows and I will be hosting a KNITTING FOR CHARITY!
What does that mean and how can you participate?
I had a bunch of yarn lying around my house, and I thought, what can I do with them?
There are wonderful charities throughout the world that accept knitted or crocheted items (hats, blankets, scarves, gloves, sweaters, etc.) for a range of people and various causes.
After contacting Jodi (who is AWESOME – she spins her own yarn for Heaven’s sake!), we hashed out a few details.
Stitches from the Heart is a California based charity that collects knitted and crocheted items for premature babies.
What we propose is everyone who is able (and it’s easy to learn!) to knit/crochet squares 5 x 5” out of SOFT yarn between October 1, 2012 and February 1, 2013. Knit as many squares as you can.
Then, you’ll ship the squares to Jodi and I and we’ll sew them together into blankets. (You’ll be notified Feb. 2 where to ship)
- Hosted by YA Author Jodi Meadows and HR Author Priscilla Shay
- For Stitches from the Heart
- Knit or Crochet squares with measurements of 5 x 5”
- You can buy yarn at craft stores such as Michaels or JoAnn OR order online at places like Craftsy
- USE any brand of yarn as long as it’s SOFT ACRYLIC (to not irritate the babies’ skin) – a few examples: Soft Caron, Bernat Softee Baby, Vanna White, Lion Brand Baby Soft
- Color and stitch are up to you
- Whoever sends in the MOST SQUARES will receive goodies and other items (books, a skein of yarn spun by Jodi, and such…)
- Runs from October 1, 2012 – February 1, 2013
- OPEN INTERNATIONAL
- *Please note: if you are able to knit an entire blanket, by all means🙂
Help spread the word by putting this badge in your sidebar, on your website, or you blog!
Please use THIS GOOGLE DOCS SPREADSHEET to keep track of your progress/squares!
How about a mini giveaway, hmm? Yes, I’m shameless.
You have from 10/01/12 12:01 EST to 10/31/12 12:10 EST to enter (for the giftcard).
Winner will be announced 11/01.
Terms & Conditions:
- No purchase necessary
- One week to claim or forfeited
- Open to anyone who has access to Amazon
- Do not leave your email in the comments section
- Fill out RAFFLECOPTER above/Share KNITTING FOR CHARITY