(Giveaway info at bottom)
Young Adult author Jodi Meadows and I will be hosting a KNITTING FOR CHARITY!
What does that mean and how can you participate?
I had a bunch of yarn lying around my house, and I thought, what can I do with them?
There are wonderful charities throughout the world that accept knitted or crocheted items (hats, blankets, scarves, gloves, sweaters, etc.) for a range of people and various causes.
After contacting Jodi (who is AWESOME – she spins her own yarn for Heaven’s sake!), we hashed out a few details.
Stitches from the Heart is a California based charity that collects knitted and crocheted items for premature babies.
What we propose is everyone who is able (and it’s easy to learn!) to knit/crochet squares 5 x 5” out of SOFT yarn between October 1, 2012 and February 1, 2013. Knit as many squares as you can.
Then, you’ll ship the squares to Jodi and I and we’ll sew them together into blankets. (You’ll be notified Feb. 2 where to ship)
- Hosted by YA Author Jodi Meadows and HR Author Priscilla Shay
- For Stitches from the Heart
- Knit or Crochet squares with measurements of 5 x 5”
- You can buy yarn at craft stores such as Michaels or JoAnn OR order online at places like Craftsy
- USE any brand of yarn as long as it’s SOFT ACRYLIC (to not irritate the babies’ skin) – a few examples: Soft Caron, Bernat Softee Baby, Vanna White, Lion Brand Baby Soft
- Color and stitch are up to you
- Whoever sends in the MOST SQUARES will receive goodies and other items (books, a skein of yarn spun by Jodi, and such…)
- Runs from October 1, 2012 – February 1, 2013
- OPEN INTERNATIONAL
- *Please note: if you are able to knit an entire blanket, by all means
Help spread the word by putting this badge in your sidebar, on your website, or you blog!
Please use THIS GOOGLE DOCS SPREADSHEET to keep track of your progress/squares!
How about a mini giveaway, hmm? Yes, I’m shameless.
You have from 10/01/12 12:01 EST to 10/31/12 12:10 EST to enter (for the giftcard).
Winner will be announced 11/01.
Terms & Conditions:
- No purchase necessary
- One week to claim or forfeited
- Open to anyone who has access to Amazon
- Do not leave your email in the comments section
- Fill out RAFFLECOPTER above/Share KNITTING FOR CHARITY